Thursday, June 26, 2014

SOLD

What am I doing...

WHAT am I doing?

It seems this is a question I've been asking myself a lot lately.
The level of attention one must have to complete the daily tasks of a work day seems so much more daunting on limited sleep, elevated cortisol and competing priorities like so many love bugs during "Love Bug Mating Season" on a windshield...
Just for context...

$4500 at least to move our shit across the state... I was shocked! 
Do we really have so much shit that it equates to 4 tons in weight?!? 
WHAT!?! 

And then I start looking around... 
Overstuffed chair- We like it. We got it from an old guy who died. Okay, kinda creepy but whatever. 
Two dining tables with 10 chairs- Well one we got out of necessity and the other was passed onto us because the first was too small and wobbly... and um... we need a 6 person dining table for two people? 
5 Large bookcases- Look, I've tried to convince the significant other to get rid of some... we just keep going to the bookstore for date night, and before you know it one thing leads to another... 
2 Large desks- Well we can't just have 1! That's unfair! We need to be equal. Besides, my art and therapy crap is just as important as history and professor junk!

You get the picture. 
According to the evaluator I artfully crammed a hell of a lot of stuff into a one bedroom apartment.
And according to the significant other we would probably have enough furniture to comfortably fill a 3 bedroom house. 

And what do I think about all this? 
I'm glad we have a basement because I've inherited a kick ass karaoke machine and I'll be damned if that thing is going to waste!




"You might recognize this song as performed by Jefferson Airplane in a little rocumentary called Gimme Shelter about the Rolling Stones and their nightmare at Altamont. That night the Oakland chapter of the Hells Angels had their way. Tonight? It's my turn... " - Cable Guy

No but seriously, we were told if we were moving farther away it would be more cost effective to ditch our furniture and buy all new when we got there. 
Seriously?!?

Meanwhile in my head...
1) So now I'm committee chair for a board position in a state I don't live in? Okay. 
2) I gotta get my kids scheduled for this tour. Damn, I have how many days left? 
3) Dinner with supervisor tonight. Will probably be late!
4) Oh! My other supervisor sent me what she wrote in my reference check up!- 
"*** is very articulate in both verbal and written communication. ***'s documentation is timely, concise, and insightful. *** is personable and gets along well with clients, colleagues, and supervisors. *** is quick to identify potential problems and frequently offers suggestions for resolution. *** demonstrates excellent organizational and time management skills. *** is able to work with minimal supervision and produces very high quality work. *** also displays exceptional judgment and decision making skills in all areas of work." 
More than one of those words used is a flat out lie... Thank you!!
5) My house smells like dirty laundry and we just did all the laundry... this mystery is going to have to wait. 
The real 5)  Quick, give shit away so maybe we can afford to move and we can make less money!! 

WHAT ARE WE DOING?!


 
Some day we'll learn. 
But not now... 
6) $4800, WTF! SELL IT ALL!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment