Saturday, October 5, 2013

Reflections of self

I have this ongoing vision or story in my head- and I've written it out periodically in this blog.

It seems that at different times, I get inspired to do more writing about it. Like the story's kind of unfolding as I go along this path.

The last place I left off Terin was lost in a large cave, that didn't seem to have an end. A beautiful cave, but the more he wandered looking for a way out, the more he realized he was just entering back into the same room he left.

From there I think he would have finally gotten to a door and been able to walk back out, into the forest and see the same shack he had come across at the beginning of the story. This time, a little less shabby. Maybe the walkway leading up to the shack was a little more worn, the roof wasn't in such disrepair.

Upon knocking, he still waited and listened and heard small rumblings becoming louder until the door was opened again by the hairy figure.

For me- as the fabricator of the story- it has occurred to me that the character of the hairy figure has transformed...

The first time I envisioned this particular character it was in a dream- and I believe I wrote about it.
I saw it as a tarlike, quivering animal or ball of blackness sitting on the doorstep of a house I used to live in. When I went to comfort it, it struck out at me.

Since then, this character has developed into a figure- hunched over, covered in thick matted hair.
And as I'm sitting here, able to imagine more to this story- I begin to see this character is only a reflection of a neglected and abused part of myself.

I haven't been able to do much artwork recently, but I think I may need to create an image of it.





On a entirely different note, I believe things are coming full circle in that I am now supervising a 1st year art therapy student.
Yesterday was her first day.
She's in for an intense trip.

But aren't we all? 


No comments:

Post a Comment