Friday, September 27, 2013

Questions without answers


A day full of questions... both personal and professional.

Is it possible for me to go to India.. to volunteer for a community center that offers a safe place for women and children? Would it be possible for me to experience that and not just dream it?

Why is it so frustrating when some kids really need my help- I find myself bored and scared of my reactions to their artwork, and other kids I need to stay away from, I find myself sucked in by their manipulating behaviors? I know how I will react to both situations and yet I find myself being lulled into my default response regardless.

Why am I so sensitive to disrespect? Mostly other professionals that appear to purposefully disregard the potency of my work? Why does it matter so much?

How can I become so entranced by so many areas of life? Science, religion, politics, art, the earth and environmental activism, conservation, social justice? Why do I feel so motivated to direct my energy and passions into ALL of them, at ONCE? And how can I begin to choose between them?

What kind of book will I write?

How can one person possibly feel so much love for others and yet not accept it back from them?

What will it be like to listen to the favorite music of my deceased family? Will it be as moving as it seems like it might be in my mind and in my heart?

Can pills change you as a person? Will my significant other "lose" me? Or will the pills quiet my mind and give me peace from a rush of worries and questions- like these?

Will I be a good supervisor to my intern? Will I push her too hard as I am want to do?

When will I be able to relax in my home without the view of boxes or random odds and ends staring back at me?

Will I make the decisions today that guide me on the path of becoming the person I want to be?

The connection

No comments:

Post a Comment