Friday, December 8, 2017

What to speak of when speaking is monitered, censored and licensed?

 Firstly- Happy Birthday to the love of my life.

The idea of creating a blog post several times a month is a lovely one. Especially after so much time.

I honestly enjoy the process and find it to add depth and breadth to the professional and personal work of understanding of myself.

So while doing research on some of the best techniques to use for building a website, I came across the strategy of adding to a blog to highlight what you're doing... I instantly thought of the blog I keep for myself. Would it be so awful to spend time reflecting on the week's work and consider it an important part of my new private practice?

Did I mention I'm going into private practice?
Did I mention it's been brewing for the last several months and has only now been blossoming into a new little seedling?
Have I mentioned I facilitated my first Mindful Art group this week and was very uplifted by the support I received by the group members, family and friends?
This is all happening and I'm very encouraged by the ease with which it is happening.
It feels like I am prepared for whatever comes and I have a firm foundation with which to send my message.
Thus far, the response to my message has been very positive. And although I am aware of some of its criticisms, I believe I have to faith and courage necessary to accept them and move on with them regardless.

I know at my core that I am doing what I was put on this earth to do. This is my path.
And I know not many people can say that with confidence. But I can. And I am eternally grateful for it.

So that brings me back to what topics I might choose to explore in my blog that would be relevant for newcomers to this potential website...
There's always looking at examples of what others are writing.
What I've noticed thus far is that they tend to be uninteresting though...
I'd want to showcase the happenings and artwork of my clients, although I would definitely need plenty of permission and definitely need to scour the ethical codes and practices for ERVERYTHING.
However, I think it would definitely be worth it.
Me talking about my art process isn't as powerful as a showcase of how the art therapy process surprises its creators pretty much every time I hold a group.

I definitely have to look that up... If I can't discuss these important things then there has to be some other way to make a blog relevant on a professional page....

We'll see what we can come up with then...

No comments:

Post a Comment